Thursday, April 23, 2009

"The Last Lecture" the book I'm reading now...

I associate books with certain periods of my life, or is it the other way around? My point is that I can remember I was reading "In the time of the butterflies" the first time I fell in love and that I read "Amarse con los ojos abiertos" ("Loving with open eyes") after the break-up, and other self-help books, for obvious reasons. When I remember the book "Daniel Miranda", I associate it with the hot, slow, summer I spent at the university, just going to class and working at the library. Now, I'm preparing to leave to Italy tomorrow and I've chosen "The Last Lecture", a book a friend of mine, who is a teacher, recommended me to read. So far, I think I made the right choice. It's a book about a computer science professor, who's dying but prefers to talk about living, rather than dying, in the last lecture he gives. This phrase has captured me:
"time is all you have... and you may find one day that you have less than you think".
That's exactly the phrase I needed to read before my trip to Italy. I'll keep it in mind throughout my journey, just so I really LIVE in the moment and ENJOY every particle of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home